Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 22 - Learning about Antarctica

Today I learned more about the places we will be traveling to in the next few days!  I went to the lecture on plate tectonics in the South Atlantic Ocean, South America and the Falkland Islands.  I learned some great facts that I didn't know before!

More crocheting (I got about 1/20 of my scarf done), then watercolors (started La Boca area), and Pinocle (didn't do too bad), helped someone on the computers, ate some lunch, had some tea, mom did laundry, ate some chocolate peanut butter ice cream (which may be the best ever - it actually has chucks of peanut butter and peanut butter cups in it), so today wasn't so bad!

My crochet square in a blanket!


I also took a tour around the boat with the florist, who discussed everything you need to know about each floral arrangement. He is from Holland and went to certain school for flowers. He discussed the ship's budget on flowers ($5,000 a week!!), then they discussed where they get the flowers, then how they create the arrangements! It was all really interesting!




No comments:

Post a Comment