Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 3 - First Formal Dinner!

Day 3






Highlights of the Day:
No more sea movement uneasiness
The ocean presentation
Being invited to the Murder Mystery Dinner
First formal night
Chilled Apricot soup
Fun gifts delivered to our room

Science Class:
Swells are the wave motion caused by a meteorological disturbance, which persists after the disturbance has died
They travel for a considerable distance, maintaining direction in deep water

The Long Summary of My Day:
Room service woke me up, but today the tray was too heavy for me to carry so he had to bring it into our pitch black room!  Today I I tried going without sea medication, still the bands, but no pills...so far, so good - crossing my fingers!  We decided to eat up at the Lido  and there was so many breakfast items to chose from!  Then we went to our first meet and greet with cruise critic and there was alot of people who showed up!  The director of activities spoke and someone else, which was pretty interesting because it is surprising how much impact a group has on a ship!  

After the meeting, I met with Brad who helped me figure out a few things on my camera.  My mom went see Guest Chef Darin Leonardson who demonstrated various types of cooking. I went to see a speaker, Denny Whitford - an oceanographer and retired US Navy captain speak about Ocean Waves, swells, breaking waves, storm waves and many other cool sea topics.  It was really cool!  

I found my mom, somehow, and decided to meet Sondra and Bill for lunch. Then we went to a Introduction to Crafts class!!!  It was interesting - paperclip earrings and hand stitched sewing kits!  Luckily we sat with Gloria and Brad, who were very entertaining! Gloria does knitting so I am going to try once again to learn this!  I have tried to knit again and I am determined to make a scarf!   Brad and Gloria actually invited us to the sold out Murder Mystery dinner as well as the South American dinner at the PInnacle Grill.  So exciting!  I am very thankful they invited us. We then went to tea in the Crow's nest and I wasn't sure how this was going to be, but it was really nice. They bring you tiny sandwiches, desserts and scones with cream along with a huge selection of teas!  
We talked to Art, as well as some other people then I went to the gym.

Tonight was the first formal dinner -The Captains Dinner where you have to get all dressed up!  They gathered us together for a Champagne and Hor's Devours reception where they introduced the crew.  After that it was time for dinner where we had filet and lobster and a chocolate soufflĂ© with chocolate chip ice cream!  After dinner they had a show, but I didn't attend. When we got back to our room, we had fun gifts in our room - a duffle bag, a world cruise leather journal, a leather id holder, and a small tote bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment