Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 1 - The Adventure Begins!

 Here is my life so far!!!  I hope to add more pictures ASAP!!!





Day 1

Highlights of the Day:  
Seeing the ship
A quick check in
Meeting people I have been corresponding with on Cruise Critic
Touring the ship
All our bags arrived 
The berry soup at dinner

The Long Summary of My Day:
So to begin, we got up early the morning we were to board the ship, had a nice breakfast then we thought we should leave for the shuttle. The only problem was the luggage, so I borrowed a cart from the bell boy and loaded it up, but I could only fit 3 bags on it out of 5. Then I couldn't move the thing at all!  I couldn't even fit the cart out the room door! So therefore I had to rearrange the luggage and after several failed attempts to catch the elevator without people on it, I finally was able to maneuver the cart onto the lift with the help of some very nice people!  Although I still had to suitcases back in the room. I decided moving them without the cart would be the best idea!  Finally we were on our way!  We meet the first of our Cruise Critic friends, Alan and Annie on the shuttle over to Port Everglades.  I was fearing the worst when we reached the port - that my mom and I would have to carry the bags ourselves! But, thankfully, this was not the case, the were whisked out of the shuttle, put on carts and we were on our way!  After a few holding rooms, where we were served cookies and lemonade, we were taken upstairs to have our first formal picture taken (which probably costs alot) and then it was onto the ship!  

It was about noon, just in time for lunch! To help prevent the spread of disease they serve you the food, desserts, and drinks at the  Lido - which I think is to be similar to a buffet.  They have each area roped off so that you can't even get close to the food!  I didn't really understand why they did this until I talked to Barry and Jane at dinner who informed me that on a previous cruise and ones they have heard about, the entire ship was quarantined because everyone was sick! So to prevent this, there are hand sanitizer stations everywhere and the greeter at the door for dinner actually sprays your hands when you walk in!  

I got aquatinted with the ship after lunch, waiting for our luggage to arrive. Went to the exploration lounge which is filled with comfy charms and loungers and ottomans to read, write, get on the computer.  Everywhere nook and cranny on the ship has some sort of cozy couch to sit in.  We explored the pools, the outdoor areas, the restaurants, the theater areas, the culinary areas, the technology spots, the gym, the spa, and some many other places.  Not seeing everywhere we went back to our room, our luggage arrived - all pieces - and so we started the task of unpacking!  Amazingly there are drawers everywhere - under the bed, in the nightstand, in the desk, storage in the ottoman - so it was easy to put everything into place and everything fits with room to spare!

After unpacking it was time to relax at the pool and at 5:00 there was the send off party on the deck!  It was really time to leave! The boat blew its whistle and we were off!  We decided to eat Main Dining, which means we eat at 8 pm every night in the main dining room. Now you can eat anytime you want if you go to the Lido or the Canettlo.  At dinner we have a table for 8, but at the first dinner, there is only 5 of us - Art, Barry, Jane, Mom and Me!  Dinner was great - they had chilled berry soup! I love chilled fruit soup and I have only had it on cruises!  So every time i see it, I must get it!  

After dinner, we went to the Queens Lounge to hear about upcoming events for our cruise!  That was enough for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment