Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 10 - A Day in the Life!


At Sea with Watercolors!

Erika's watercolor on the top!!
Lynn's on the bottom!!

I think mine is better!! HAHA!

Again I have no clue how people get bored!  I started again by going to the gym and here are my observations on this: 

1. It is impossible to balance - let alone try to balance on one leg holding a weight! No more of that exercise - I looked ridiculous!

2. You can not weigh yourself while at sea!

3. Running against wind while traveling about 20 knots is very hard to do!

So I did get to exercise but it is sometimes very challenging! So after that, I was able to read some of my book (by the pool with spf 50 on and I still got burnt!) That didn't last too long because we went to lunch and we went specifically to the dining room so that I could have chilled banana soup! Then I went to a lecture on Whales- Giants of the Sea! It was very informative!  

Science facts for the day:
There are 70 different species of whales and two main types - baleen and toothed!
The Blue Whale is the largest about 110 feet long about the size of this boat and has a heart the size of a voltzwagon!
There are also the Humpback, Gray, Fin, Minke, and Right whales in the baleen category!  
The Orca, Beluga, Narwhal, Sperm, Pilot, Dolphin and Porpoise make up some of the whales in the toothed group!

After the preesntation, I was able to work on my class but decided to sit outside and even with SPF 50, again, and enhanced my redness!   Then it was time for watercolor class. Although we walked in a few minutes late and got stares from all the serous watercolorists!  We decided that we need to come early next time! We were able to finish our butterflies! My mom's turned out great and mine, well, so so!  I don't think watercoloring is my greatest talent! I enjoy it, but I just like to paint the pictures! I use too much paint, too much water and a lot of paper towels!  We then start a fishing boat - like the ones we saw in Belem.  I couldn't figure out the whole sky meets ocean horizon. My mom painted hers really well. She called it the "Party Boat."  I sill have to finish the details on the boat.  

At dinner tonight I had apple vichyssoise soup!  So very good! I think I need to a blog about the different types of chilled soups!  

No comments:

Post a Comment