Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 13 - A Day Filled with Activities!

To Do List:

Run
Gym
Breakfast
Crochet
Lecture 
Lunch
Watercolors
Pinochle 
Crafts
High Tea
Class Time
Get Ready
Le Cirque
Doc Severson 

As you can see, our day was packed full of activities!  I learned how to play Pinochle today!  I also finished my watercolor of the boat and started one of a door. The boat turned out ok but my door is starting out pretty bad!  I am almost done with my crochet square for Project Linus.  In crafts I did Iris Folding and it turned out really well!   I made a card!  

Tonight was dinner at the Pinnacle Grill and it was a Le Cirque night.  Apparantly the owner of Le Cirque teamed up with HAL and bring the Le Cirque menu to the ship.  Although everything has to be done exactly how it is done at the restaurant, from the same dishes, presentation and preparation of the food and even it has to be served the same way.  They started you out with a teaser, which was Pate and Rhubarb. Then we picked the Lobster Salad for the appetizer. It was really good with avacodo, grapefruit, tomatoes, some kind of sauce and lobster.  Then we had Huckleberry Squash soup. They bring you out a bowl of huckleberries then pour the squash soup from a kettle overtop - this was so so good!  Then for dinner we got Chateaubrand. They carve it table side and give you this really good sauce - yum!  Prior to dessert, they brought us out fun little cookies and pastries. Then for dessert, we had creme brûlée!  Everything was so good. I would definitely go there again but I don't know if I could try anything else because I think I would have to get the same things again!

After dinner we went to hear Doc Severson. Although I didn't know who Doc Severson was...I thought he was from the Rolling Stones!  We went to hear him play and it was really good!  It was all musical with a violinist, bass, guitarist, drums, and trumpet!  They played several songs and it was a really nice event.  

Photos from Le Cirque 




No comments:

Post a Comment