Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 21 - Dole Whip!

After 3 days of non stop moving and sightseeing, today was a much needed day!

My crochet square was placed into a blanket, right in the middle too! Even better, the women who put the blanket together placed an "E" on my square!

Gloria went to the yarn district in BA, and guess what?? She bought me a ball of yarn, blues and greens, it is so pretty! So today I started crocheting a scarf for myself! I still have a LONG way to go! I am not going to get it done by Antarctica considering we arrive in 2 days!

In watercolors today, I finished my favella painting.  

There is a guest chef on board from the Park Hyatt Chicago who is a pastry chef for the NoMI restaurant and she made cream puffs, eclairs and other choux pastries and they were good!

I also made a knock off Dole-Whip dessert today at lunch - pineapple and vanilla soft serve blended together!

There were two new speakers on board to discuss Antarctica while we are here.  One spoke about the key components of the Antarctic or Southern Ocean marine ecosystem and the other spoke about the Southern cone of South America.  

Most today has been trying to work on classes and type my blog!

Tonight we had dinner with Captain Mercer at the Pinnacle Grill.  There was a reception prior to the dinner where we met the captain's wife and also so more guests on board.  At dinner, they had a wonderful menu of mushroom soup, 

No comments:

Post a Comment