Sunday, February 12, 2012

Days 38, 39, 40 and 41 - Sea Days and Fun Nights!

Well we are in the South Pacific Ocean and the weather has been perfect!  The days at sea are just flying by so fast!  The Pacific Ocean is so huge that even after sailing for all these days, we still have much more sailing to do!  So the best way I have found to pass these days is to sit at the pool and knit, read and work on my classes!  I have even skipped watercoloring!  

I do get up early each morning because every night for the past 5 nights we have gained an hour, so 6:30 is really 7:30!  Therefore I am able to walk around the top deck before the sun really starts to shine!  We (Jane, Barry, Karen, Captain Mercer, Mom and I) have been eating breakfast in the dining room, then we sit by the pool and knit till lunch then we all go to lunch and eat outside, then back to our seats where I work on my classes!  We have started taking yoga in the afternoon as well.  

We have also had some really nice evenings!  The first night of our sea days we had a lovely evening at the Pinnacle with our new friends!  My mom and I joined Mike and Pauline, George, Jane and Barry and Karen and Captain Mercer.  We had a great night and really good food!  I loved the Lobster Bisque soup and caesar salad, which they make it right in front of you. Then the steak Diane was so good, and the chocolate lava cake was amazing!!!  Everyone told stories and the night was really fun!  

The next evening was Dutch night at the dining room!   We had a fun menu of Dutch food and they provided us with fun Dutch hats!  Jean and Ross from Canada joined us at our table! They actually road their motorcycles from Canada to Ushuaia all on the Pan American Highway!  Also Jack and Gloria joined us!  They are the AAA representatives and have been on several world voyages!  Our table had a really fun Dutch evening!


Then the next night was Valentines Day! The whole ship was decorated in red!  Everyone was in a festive mood all day and was wishing each other Happy Valentines Day! My mom and I met Karen and the Captain and Jane and Barry prior to dinner at the Crow's Nest!  Then we went to dinner at the Dining Room and it was so nice!  


The last night of our sea days, Karen and Captain Mercer invited my mom and I, Jane and Barry, Anne Marie and Yoga, as well as Rudy Sodaman (the Executive Head Chef of Holland America) for an Easter Island Party! We all got together in Karen's room and they put our pictures on the TV for everyone to see! There was a beautiful cheese plate brought in by Ingo.  Everyone had a really fun time looking at the pictures of our day.  Afterwards we all went to dinner and continued to have a really nice evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment