Friday, March 16, 2012

Days 70 and 71 - Vietnamese Dance!

Not much to report - sleep in after Hong Kong and cabin clean up. I am days behind on my blog, so therefore I am merging blogs until I get caught up! Jane is a factbook and has an elephant's brain - she remembers everything so she has graciously lent me her notes and I lent her my pictures - I plan to get caught up now! 

So Saturday was all about St. Patrick's day.   When you are living on a ship for 4 months they look for every excuse to change things up and this was a formal night, as well as our table mate Pat's birthday. So we had a little celebration at dinner and everyone sang Happy Birthday! Then we all headed to the Queen's Lounge for a party at 10 p.m. which was capped off by an Irish comedian who was very funny.  Two of our friends,  Linda and Gary, left to go home. They were only hear a few weeks! Actually Gary is from Pittsburgh and grew up in New Kensington! Small world!  There are many people on the ship from Pittsburgh.  A girl, about my age, just got on to meet up with her mother and she is from the South Hills! Although they all have about 33 hours ahead of them of flying! So therefore this is just another reason why we love the thought that we will end up in Fort Lauderdale on April 28th.  

The first night there was a Vietnamese dance in which dancers and musicians from the town came on board and performed.  It was excellent! The instruments they played were so unique - I have no idea even the names of them! 















Most of all we were excited about 2 days in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment