Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Planning Process


Where to Start 
When Thinking About 
What to Bring...

I thought planning for a wedding was hard, but as soon as I started I loved it! I would do it again! I had so much fun planning and the day was wonderful!



My Family!  WE MISS YOU, DAD!!!



Based on planning for a wedding, planning for a four month cruise shouldn't be so hard, right???

So how to you plan, let alone pack for a trip around the world? Being away from home for four months requires some thought! I tend to overpack - well I always overpack!  I always have the largest suitcase, but I always manage to have my luggage at 50.0 pounds!  But how do you pack for all climates? Granted when we were in Fiji it was summer, then a week later in New Zealand it was winter, then we were back to summer in the French Polynesian Islands, but that was only for 35 days, not 115 days!

I need clothes for the desert- Egypt, the rainforest - the Amazon, the tundra - Antarctica, the beach - the Great Barrier Reef!  I need hiking clothes, clothes that cover my shoulders, casual clothes, workout clothes, smart casual clothes, formal occasion clothes!  I need my classwork, my laptop, my camera, plus everything for getting ready each day, and not to mention SHOES!!! Walking shoes, comfortable shoes, dress shoes.... I always have a problem when it comes to wearing the "Right" shoe! I always wear the wrong shoes! Then I have to bring back things and who knows what we will end up buying!

So what do you pack?? So I have made lists and lists and even more lists!

The Essential List - which includes everything I couldn't live without on this trip, like my camera an passport!

The Electronics List - chargers, laptop, cell phone, etc.

The Clothing List - this one is LONG! 

The Cosmetic List - the only thing I don't need is shampoo and body wash! They have these on the ship!

The Medical List - for emergencies and hopefully there will be none!

The Leaving Home Checklist - reminders and things to do before leaving home, such as file an extension on my taxes!

The Miscellaneous and Extras List - duct tape, extension cord, bubble wrap... the just in case things!

I have the lists made, although I have nothing packed yet! So therefore the planning process has begun, but I still have ALOT to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment